Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May meeting: This month should be more fun, we get to break some rock!


Hi folks,

This Friday (5/15) will be second half and the “Hands On” part of the flintknapping class. I hope everyone enjoyed last month’s meeting. I know that it was long. This month should be more fun, we get to break some rock!

Just a couple of things:

Anyone who purchased a knapping kit should open it and try to do some knapping. Go as far as you can until you get stuck.

Bring everything in and we will try to get you past the problem areas. Don’t forget to use the checklist before you hit the rock

(Unless the rules of physics don’t apply to you).

If you did not purchase a kit but would like to try your hand at knapping, please contact me as soon as you can so that I can prepare accordingly.

For those who missed the first session, don’t let that keep you from attending the second session. I will bring in all of the printed material and will be available to answer questions.

If you are interested in archeology I am sure there will be something of interest for everyone!


Gary Sipila

No comments:

Post a Comment